Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: Skin Art

  1. #11
    Inactive Member statstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2004
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have heard them ankle tats sting a bit.
    Nice art work on the tinkerbell tattoo

  2. #12
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    tat01

    This is the first tattoo I had done. It sits on my chest and peeks out through my shirt. The chinese character is for Dragon and going by chinese folk tales..the dragon is the guardian of the heart and this was the best place to put this tattoo I believe.

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    tat03

    This is my second tattoo and another dragon. He flies across my shoulders.

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    tat02

    My third one is on my upper left arm. My sister has the same on her upper right arm and our brother has a large one across his shoulders.

    Kind of a long story behind this one and I'll save it for later [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lowerdrag01

    Last one is of another dragon and he flies across my lower back and his tail curls down over my buttock. His head peeks above the waistband of my jeans..cheeky fellow [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love greywash tattoos. I find that the coloured ones seem to fade quickly and the colours seem to blend and bleed into one another too much.

    My lil chinese dragon is over 4 years old and the lines are still very crisp.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Greetings, and Welcome Lady Belle, thank you for sharing the photos of your skin art.

    I like the one on your left arm, I find an intriguing picture. I see someone who has lived a long life, and who is making peace with God/Death.

    I collect little dragons, so I can really appreciate your's.
    I like your stylize Chinese dragon, but the one flying across your shoulder has so much detail & depth, it seems to have life in it.

    I have to agree about some coloured tattoos, My buddy who had sleeves done, after a couple years, details started fading. I'm afraid as the years pass the details and edges will fade to colored blobs (sorry Tony)

    Thanks again for taking a few moments and sharing with us.

    roGeR

  8. #18
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    6oidzo

    6oiedi


    (I hope the above pics have come out fine)

    Hi Roger,

    I have 4 tattoos...

    1) The letter "Q" on my right ankle--The "Q" stands for my fav. Rock band Queen. It closely matches the "Q" on one of their lp's. It is blue and black in color

    2) I have a small green star on the right side of my chest

    3) Snoopy and Woodstock (photo above). Snoopy is holding a hockey stick--I love the 4 major sports, especially hockey. This tattoo is on the back on my left leg

    4) Celtic Armband (photo above). It is identical to the one Melanie C (Sporty Spice) of the Spice Girls sports on her right bicep. I am not a Spice Girl fan---I just love the tattoo. It is on my left bicep--it completely circles my arm.

    I am not getting anymore. I have had my fun!!


    Stephen

    <font color="#000000" size="1">[ July 02, 2005 03:04 PM: Message edited by: ellanoize ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool Armband Stephen. I'm not sure which side is up but it almost looks like intertwined hearts.
    Can't go wrong with a cartoon character.

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The big dragon that goes across my shoulders is roughly 9x5 inches. The dragon that girdles my lower back is larger at 10x7 inches.

    Both of them were taken off the covers of Anne McCaffreys Dragonriders of Pern books.

    The Grim Reaper one is called "Courting Death" and was about a man who was afraid of Death and dying all his life and (cutting a long story short) he finally accepted Death on his deathbed and found that dying wasnt as scary as he always thought it to be.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •